jueves, 3 de octubre de 2013

Good Old Guacamole

Guacamole. Fantastic for just about everything. Most people have their own recipe, but the ingredients are basic. So feel free to adapt as you like. I usually make guacamole with fresh jalapeños, but since those are very hard to come by here, I use the fresh variety of peppers that are currently in season and I can get at my farmer's coop thingy. Because you know, I love fresh spicy food. I made a bit of a twist and added some diced garlic that I fried up as well.



Makes about 10 or so servings if used as dip

Ingredients:

Garlic, 4 or 5 cloves, diced into small pieces
Oil for cooking, about a tablespoon (I use olive)
Avocadoes, 3 medium and ripe
Spices and dried herbs, such as pepper, dash of salt, oregano, basil
Tomato, 1/2 of a large one, or 1 small tomato
Onion, 1/2 of a small one, diced
Fresh spicy peppers, seeded and diced up, to taste [optional I suppose]
Lemon or lime, 1/2 of a lemon or 1 lime
Fresh herbs, if you're lucky enough to find some in Japan... [not included in my batch, but so desired :( ]

In a fry pan, heat the oil a bit. Add the garlic and fry it up until the garlic becomes crispy and fragrant, but not burnt. Set aside.

In a large bowl, scoop out all the avocado. Use a knife to cut it up a bit inside the bowl. Using a fork (or a masher if you have one), mash up the avocado until it becomes a smooth mixture.

Add the pepper, salt, and any other spices and dried herbs you like.

Add the tomato, and mix everything well. Add the onion, mix well. Pour the garlic and the remaining small amount of oil from the pan into the mix as well. Add the peppers, mix, then squeeze the lemon and add the juice, mix. Add fresh herbs [if any], mix well.

Enjoy! You can put this stuff on sandwiches, eat it with rice, chips, snacks, etc.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario